Tuesday, July 1, 2008

- Need for Speed: Prostreet

Need for Speed: Prostreet
As other reviewers have said, this edition of Need For Speed left the old formula behind. I miss it. There were stories built into the game. There was the free roaming. (This lack of free roam is annoying because when I want to check out a new car or new tuning after I leave the garage, I have to go to a race day. Just more wasted tim.)

Here ... just racing. And it's not exactly zippy. Every event requires a lot of loading, and apparently, even when I'm just practicing, a lot of saving. It becomes annoying, actually. Especially the announcers at the events that keep talking about you (Ryan Cooper).

But ... that aside, the racing itself is enjoyable, so if you don't have any bias for or against the old formula, this could be fun. I'm not big on tuning, but I've had to learn to work with it to make the cars do what I need them to do. If nothing else, it's something to kill time while waiting for GT5.

Hopefully, they'll return to what made NFS so much fun in the past with the next release.

No comments:

Popular Posts