Thursday, July 17, 2008

ESPN NHL 2K5

ESPN NHL 2K5
First, the price alone is amazing. Video game technology is cheap now so the $50 price tag should be removed from all games. Back to 2K5, The graphics are the best ever seen on an NHL game. The improvement over last years version is incrediable! Commentary is much better. Yes, still repetitive sometimes, but alot more different comments and play-by-play announcing. The crowd even reacts to the action on the ice. Ring a shot off the post at home or not your opponent on his ass you will see what I mean about the crowd reaction! The controls have improved beyond expectations. You know literally control your every move. There are more extras than I have time to describe. But the table ice hockey is great. But the Franchise mode is the best improvement. It is more indepth and you can scout and control your minor league team as well. Everyone complains about the "freezing up" I have not had it happen to me. I am in the month of March of the franchise. But that does not mean there is not a problem. I just have not experienced it.
But the best part is playing on Xbox Live! It opens an all new realm to hockey.
The difficulty levels have improved this year as well. I dominated on All-Star level on 2k4 winnig games 20-2. This year, Pro is not easy. Yes, I have won games 10-2, but those types of games happen in real hockey as well. So I know that All-Star and Hall of Famer will not be easy.
Again, Sega smashes EA Sports when it comes to hockey. This game is a must for hockey fans who want a sim hockey game. If you want arcade type action and game play, go with EA Sports or NHL Riv

No comments:

Popular Posts